The Aged Debtors report
The Aged Debtors report shows you how much you’re owed at any point in time by each of your customers. You can use the report to keep track of:
- How much your customers owe you
- How long your customers have owed you money for
- Which of your customers owe you the most money
- The credit limit you’re giving to your customers
When the credit limit is exceeded the credit limit value is highlighted red. If the account balance is between 75% – 100% of the credit limit, the value is highlighted amber to show they’re nearing the credit limit you’ve set.
The report is broken down by ageing periods, which by default is every 30 days. You can change this if necessary.
- 1. Settings tab > Defaults.
- 2. Customer Defaults > Ageing > enter the number of days you want each ageing period to start from.
When you run the report, it automatically includes from zero up to the number immediately prior the value you enter in the first box. For example, if you want your first ageing period to start at 40 days, enter 40 in the first box. The report shows transactions from 0 to 39, then 40 onwards.
- 3. Click Save.
You’ve now changed the default customer ageing periods and when you produce the Aged Debtors report, the outstanding values are grouped by the number of days specified.
- 1. Reporting > More > Aged Debtors.
The report shows all customers with an outstanding balance up to the current date. To view the report for a particular customer, enter their company name or reference in the Type to search box.
- 2. Enter the date you want to run the report up to.
- 3. From the Sort by drop-down menu, choose Name or Outstanding Amount.
- 4. More > if you use analysis types, for example, departments to run the report for a particular type or category, choose the relevant options.
- 5. To view the customer’s account, click the relevant line > to return to the report, click back on your browser menu bar.
- 6. To save or print the report > Export > choose one of the following:
- CSV – Depending on your Internet browser, the file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder or you’re prompted to save the file > browse to where you want to save the file > Save.
- PDF – The PDF opens in a new window or tab. Open your browser File menu then choose to print or save the report.
To view details of which transactions make up each of the values on the report, click Detailed. From here you can see the outstanding transactions and view details of each one by clicking the relevant line. You can also export this information to a CSV file or PDF. To return to the Aged Debtors report, click Summary.