Record Absences in a pay run
You don’t have to record all absences at once. During the course of a pay run, you can return to this as many times as you need.
- 1. Pay tab > Process Pay Run > Next.
- 2. Select the relevant employee > Add Absence.
- 3. Choose the relevant absence type from the drop-down menu.
For example, to record sickness absence choose Sickness.
- 4. The Add Leave window opens. The information you enter here depends on the type of absence you are recording.
If you specify absence dates that span more than one pay run, the system makes the necessary calculations and adjustments automatically.
- 5. Once you specify the relevant details, click Save.
- 6. If the absence you have recorded can qualify for statutory pay, but the employee does not meet the qualifying criteria for this, the Statutory Pay panel now opens.
- 7. Read the information and enter the necessary details > Save.
- 8. Click Next.
The next stage in a pay run is Edit Pay.
You can also record absences when you are editing a completed pay run.