Recording absences in a pay run
You don’t have to record all absences at once. During the course of a pay run, you can return to this as many times as you need.
- 1. Click the Pay Runs tab, then click Process Pay Run.
- 2. Check the pay date is correct, then click Next.
- 3. Select the relevant employee, then click Add Absence, then click the relevant absence type.
- 4. Depending on the type of absence you’re recording, a new window opens and you must specify the relevant details.
If you specify absence dates that span more than one pay run, Sage One Payroll makes the necessary calculations and adjustments automatically.
- 5. Once you specify the relevant details, click Save.
- 6. If the absence you have recorded can qualify for statutory pay, but the employee does not meet the qualifying criteria for this, the Statutory Pay panel now opens.
- 7. Read the information and enter the necessary details, then click Save.
- 8. Click Next, then process the rest of your pay run as normal.
You can also record absences when you are editing a completed pay run.