Purchase invoice discounts
If you receive discounts from your supplier you can record these against the invoice in Sage One. You can also amend existing an invoice to add a discount at a later date.
- 1. Expenses > Purchase Invoices > Record Invoice.
- 2. Enter the supplier name, invoice date, due date and reference.
- 3. Enter the item lines as normal. To find out more about how to do this, please see our Create purchase invoices article.
- 4. To enter the discount, on the next available line, enter a description, for example Discount > choose the expense type.
- 5. Enter the quantity > enter the unit price as a negative value for example, -10.00 > choose the VAT rate.
The VAT and total amounts automatically calculate as a negative value based on the quantity and unit price.
- 1. Expenses > Purchase Invoices > click the required invoice.
Manage Invoice > Edit.
- 2. To enter the discount information, follow steps 4 and 5 in the section above > Save.