‘Record Absences’ is the second stage of processing a pay run. It involves recording:
You don’t have to record all absences at once. During the course of a pay run, you can return to this window as many times as you need.
- 1. Pay window > click Next to open the Record Absences window.
- 2. Select the employee for whom you wish to record an absence.
- 3. Hover over the Add Absence button.
- 4. In the drop-down, choose the relevant absence type.
For example, to record sick leave choose Sickness.
- 5. The Add Leave window opens. The information you enter here depends on the type of absence you are recording.
If you specify absence dates that span more than one pay run, the system makes the necessary calculations and adjustments automatically.
- 6. When you have specified the relevant details, click Save.
- 7. If the absence you have recorded can qualify for statutory pay, but the employee does not meet the qualifying criteria for this, the Statutory Pay panel now opens.
Read the information this contains. Then provide the necessary details and click Save.
The next pay run stage is Edit Pay.