Reviewing P11 Values at Year End
At Payroll Year End you should review employee pay values for the tax year to make sure they’re correct.
The P11 Deductions Working Sheets report contains an employee-by-employee breakdown of tax contribution values.
- 1. Year End tab > Select the tax year in the drop-down list.
- 2. Click the View Employee P11 Reports button.
- 3. The P11 report opens.
Review employee yearly totals. If a yearly total looks wrong, review the employee’s pay run totals.
- 4. If you determine that there are errors that need to be corrected, make sure to do this before moving onto the next step in the Payroll Year End process.
Common errors include:
|Missing periods||* You forgot to update a pay period, for example you have not updated the final pay period of the year.
* You selected the Do not pay check box for an employee during one or more pay periods.
|Incorrect payment values||You entered and updated incorrect payment values.|
To correct an error, return to the relevant pay run and make corrections as appropriate.
The changes you make may also have an impact on subsequent pay runs. Sage One Payroll will automatically determine the net result of the correction and apply an adjustment to the employee’s next pay run.
- 5. Generate the P11s again as above, and verify that the yearly totals are now correct.
- 6. Click the confirmation checkbox. (Don’t move on to the next PYE step until you’ve done this.)
Next PYE Step: Final EPS of the Year