Accounts Payable Aging Report
The Accounts Payable (A/P) Aging Report shows you how much you owe your vendors at any point in time. You can use the report to keep track of:
- How much you owe.
- How long you’ve owed.
- Which of your vendors you owe the most money to.
- In the Detailed report, due dates for vendor bills.
The report is broken down by aging periods. You can change the default of 30 days if necessary.
- 1. Click the Settings tab.
- 2. Click Default Settings.
- 3. In the Vendor Defaults section, enter the default aging period in days in the Aging fields.
For example, if you want your first aging period to start at 40 days, enter 40 in the first box. The report shows transactions from days 0 to 39, then days 40 and beyond.
- 4. Click Save.
After you change the default vendor aging periods, outstanding values are grouped by the number of days specified on the report.
- 1. From Reporting, click More.
- 2. Click Accounts Payable (A/P) Aging Report.
The report shows all vendors to whom you owe money, up to the current date. To view the report for a particular vendor, enter their company name or reference in the Type to search box.
- 3. Change the end date of the report by entering a date in the To field.
- 4. Sort by vendor name or outstanding amount.
- 5. If you use analysis types, you can filter the report based on analysis type and category. Only the vendors who belong to the selected analysis type or category appear on the report. Click More to filter by analysis type and category.
- 6. Click the vendor’s name to view their account. To return to the report, click Back in your browser.
- 7. To export the report, click Export and choose CSV or PDF:
- CSV – Depending on your browser, the file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder, or you’re prompted to save the file. Browse to where you want to save the file and click Save.
- PDF – The PDF opens in a new window or tab. Open your browser File menu, then print or save the report.
To view the A/P Aging Breakdown, click Detailed. From here you can see outstanding transactions with due dates. Click a transaction to view details. To return to the Accounts Payable (A/P) Aging Report, click Summary.
About negative amounts
If you see a negative amount on the Accounts Payable (A/P) Aging report, it represents a credit that a vendor owes you. To find it, check your purchase credit notes and payments for a transaction that has not been applied to a vendor invoice. Once found, apply it to the correct vendor invoice.