Add and manage contacts
If you regularly deal with the same customers or vendors, you can create contact records for them. This saves you time when entering your sales and purchases and helps you keep track of who owes you money and who you owe money to.
To speed up data entry, you can also import your contacts.
- 1. Click the Contacts tab.
- 2. Click New Customer or New Vendor .
- 3. Complete the following information:
|Business Name||The contact’s company name.|
|Contact Name||The contact’s name.|
|Reference||A reference for the contact.|
|The contact’s email address.|
|Mobile||The contact’s mobile number.|
|Telephone||The contact’s telephone number.|
- 4. Click the Contact Details tab and then complete the following information:
|Tax Rate||Select the contact’s tax rate from the drop-down list.|
- 5. Click Notes and enter any notes you want to record for the contact.
- 6. Click Save.
This record is now available to use when entering transactions.
- 1. Click Contacts and click the relevant contact.
To quickly find a contact, enter the company name in the search box.
- 2. Edit the details as required.
- 3. To change an address or contact, click the Address tab and edit the relevant information.
- 4. To add or edit payment information, click the Payment Details tab.
- 5. To add or edit general business information, check customer statement options, or update a vendor’s 1099 Vendor status and/or Tax ID, click the Options tab.
If the contact is a vendor, you can update their 1099 Vendor status and/or Tax ID.
If the contact is a customer, verify that the information in the Statement Runs section is correct. By default, the method used to send all customer statements is set to By post (PDF Generated), but you can change this if needed. To change any details, click the edit button, make any needed changes, and then click Save. Any changes you make are applied to all future statement runs for the customer.
- 6. Click Save.
You can’t delete a contact record once you’ve used it to process transactions. Instead, to prevent any confusion, we suggest changing the contact name to Do not use.
- 1. If a contact record has no transactions associated with it, select the check box next to the contact and click Delete.
- 2. Click Yes.