If you need to record a receipt or income into your bank account, you can record this using the Money In option.
To record money in
- 1. Go to Banking.
- 2. Click the required bank account.
- 3. From the New Entry menu, click Money In.
You can also record money by clicking Add on the Money In tile. If you choose to enter the receipt from here, you must select the correct bank account when entering the receipt details.
- 4. Check or enter the following information:
|Contact (optional)||If you want to record this receipt against a particular contact, enter the name here.
If it’s a new contact click Add a contact > complete the relevant details > Save.
|Paid into Bank Account *||Check the correct bank account appears. If you need to change this, select the correct account from the drop-down list.|
|Method *||Specify the payment method.|
|Date Received *||Enter the date the money was received.|
|Your Reference (optional)||If required, enter a reference for this receipt.|
|Amount Received *||Enter the total amount of the receipt.|
|Balance||The current bank balance for the selected bank account is displayed here.|
|Category||The default category appears. If required, you can change this.|
|Details||If required you can enter more details about the sale, such as what item was purchased.|
|Tax Rate *||Select the correct tax rate for this transaction.|
|Total||This defaults to the value you entered in Amount Received. You can change this if required.|
- Indicates a required field.
- 5. If the receipt was for several items of different values relating to categories, or have different tax rates, you can enter them on separate lines.
The total of all entries must match the value entered in Amount Received before you can save it. If you enter multiple lines, the transaction still appears on the bank activity as one receipt but as individual transactions on the relevant categories.
- 6. If you want to attach a file (for example, a copy of a receipt), click the attachment button, click Upload files, and then browse to and double-click the file. Learn more about attachments
- 7. Click Save. To add another receipt, open the Save drop-down menu and select Add Another.
You’ve successfully recorded the receipt. If this is a receipt you receive regularly, for example once a week or once a month, you can now record this as a recurring receipt.