The contacts list
To view your full contact list of both customers and suppliers, click Contacts.
Alternatively, if you only want to view your:
- Customer contacts – Click Contacts then from the drop-down list click Customers.
- Supplier contacts – Click Contacts then from the drop-down list click Suppliers.
When you enter your VAT registration details, two Revenue contacts are automatically created for the purpose of paying or reclaiming VAT.
From the contacts list, you can:
- Create new contact records for customers and suppliers.
- View existing customer and supplier details. To do this, just click on the relevant contact.
- Produce activity, address list and statement summary reports for customers and suppliers.
- Edit existing contact records.
- View, print and email customer statements.
- View supplier statements.
- Manage account allocations, for example, allocate outstanding payments on account to invoices.
- Search for a particular contact. To do this, simply enter the information you want to find in the Type the contact name to search box.
- Export, copy, or delete contacts from the list.
- Import your contacts.
Click the Configure Columns button to:
- Choose which columns you want to include or exclude on the contacts list.
- Sort the column order to define how contacts appear in the list. For example, you may want to sort it by company/name or reference first.
Click Save or if you want to return to the default columns, click Reset.
You can also sort the item order in a column list. To do this, simply click the column you want to sort the list by. For example, if you want to sort your items by their reference, click the Reference column.
The action toolbar appears when you select one or more contacts. You can use it to print, email, export (as CSV or PDF), and delete contacts.
To use the action toolbar, complete the following steps:
- 1. Select the check box next to the required contact. To select all of your contacts, select the check box at the top left-hand corner of the grid.
- 2. From the action toolbar, click the option that you want to use:
|Depending on your internet browser, the contact list opens in a new window or tab. You can then choose to either print or save it from your browser file menu.|
|Enter the email address and any information you want to appear in the body of the email. Click Send. The email is sent to the specified address.|
|CSV||Depending on your internet browser, the CSV file either downloads automatically to your Downloads folder or you may receive a prompt asking you to save the file to your PC.|
|Depending on your Internet browser, the contact list opens as a PDF file in a new window or tab. You can then choose to either print or save it from your browser file menu.|
|Delete||Use this option to delete the selected contact.
Note: You cannot delete contacts to which you have posted transactions.
You can use the Statement Run feature to generate a batch of customer statements in one go. All statements produced through this feature are in outstanding item style, regardless of the statement method you selected in the Settings tab.
By default, the method used to send these batch statements is set to By post (PDF Generated) for all customers. You can change this setting for each of your customers, on the Options tab of their record. You can also edit the contact and address that appears on their statements.
To use the Statement Run feature, complete the following steps:
- 1. Go to Contacts, then click Customers.
- 2. Click Statement Run.
- 3. In the Outstanding amount over box, enter the value that the customer’s account must be outstanding by for a statement to be produced.
- 4. In the Produce statement as of box, enter the date you want to run the statements for.
Any invoices paid after this date will be included on the customer statements.
- 5. Click Next, do one of the following:
- If there are customers that meet the criteria you entered, click Generate.
- If no customers meet the criteria you entered, close the window or click Back to amend the criteria.