The purchases list
The purchases list is a list of all invoices and credit notes you’ve entered from your suppliers. You can see at a glance which suppliers you’ve entered invoices or credit notes for, the total value, the amount outstanding and the status of the invoice or credit note.
To view the purchases list, go to Purchases.
From here, you can:
- Create a new purchase invoice or credit note.
- View details of an existing purchase invoice or credit note – To do this, just click the relevant item.
- Amend or void an existing purchase invoice , credit note or quick entry.
- Record a payment or credit note against a particular invoice.
- Search for specific items – You can search on the company name, the name of the contact, value or the reference. Simply enter the information you want to search for in the Type to search box.
- Filter the list by date – To do this, amend the From and To dates.
- Filter the list by payment status – To do this, click the Status field heading. This will group payments by Outstanding, All, Unpaid, Paid, Part Paid, Void or Draft.
- Use the action toolbar that appears when you select a purchase item (or items) to manage purchase items, including copying an existing invoice or credit note.
- Use the More option to pay, allocate or refund outstanding transactions.
If required, you can view just your invoices, credit notes or quick entries. To do this, click Purchases then choose the relevant item.
Click the Configure Columns button to:
- Choose which columns you want to include or exclude on the list.
- Sort the column order to define how purchases appear in the list. For example, you may want to sort it by supplier or reference first.
Click Save or if you want to return to the default columns, click Reset.
You can also sort the item order in a column list. To do this, simply click the column you want to sort the list by. For example, if you want to sort your items by their reference, click the Reference column.