The sales list
The Sales tab lists of all the invoices and credit notes you’ve entered for your customers. You can see at a glance which customers you’ve entered invoices or credit notes for, the total value, the amount outstanding and the status of the invoice or credit note.
Sales invoice references are prefixed by SI and credit notes by SCN followed by a number. If required, you can amend the default prefix and next invoice number in Invoices Form Settings.
From the Sales tab, you can:
- Create a new sales invoice or credit note.
- View details of an existing invoice or credit note. To do this, just click the relevant sales item.
- Amend or void an existing invoice, credit note, or quick entry.
- Record a payment, or credit note against a particular invoice.
- Search for specific items. You can search on the company name, the name of the contact, invoice number, value or the reference. To do this, simply enter the information you want to search for in the Type to search box.
- Filter the list by date. To do this, simply amend the dates specified in the From and To boxes then click Search.
- Filter the list by payment status. To do this, click More, then click the relevant Status option. You can choose from All, Outstanding, Unpaid, Paid, Part Paid, Void or Draft. Finally, click Search.
- Use the action toolbar to manage sales, including copying existing invoices and credit notes.
- Use the action toolbar More option to pay, allocate or refund outstanding transactions.
If required, you can view just your invoices, credit notes or quick entries. To do this, hover over the Sales tab, then click the relevant option.
Click the Configure Columns button to:
- Choose which columns you want to include or exclude on the list.
- Sort the column order to define how sales appear in the list. For example, you may want to sort it by customer or reference first.
Click Save or if you want to return to the default columns, click Reset.
You can also sort the item order in a column list. To do this, simply click the column you want to sort the list by. For example, if you want to sort your items by their number, click the Number column.