Restart your Sage service
In certain circumstances, you may need to start your Sage service again. You can easily do this using the Reset Data option. This clears the information you’ve entered so you can start again but keeps your user, business and billing information.
You may need to restart your Sage service if you’ve:
- Created a blank payroll company instead of choosing mid-year setup.
- Processed payroll incorrectly and want to start again.
- Entered dummy information and now want to enter live data.
- Incorrectly processed your accounts using the wrong VAT scheme and now need to re-enter information using the correct VAT scheme.
If you use Accounting only the owner can reset or restore data. The owner is the person who originally signed up and has access to all areas of the service.
Before resetting your data, we recommend that you print any reports or make a note of any information you need. For example, customer and supplier details, VAT numbers, or employees details.
If you use the bank feeds feature, you must disconnect all bank feeds before resetting your data.
- 1. Go to Settings, then click Data Management.
- 2. Click Reset my Data.
- 3. Enter the email address you use to sign in to your Sage service, then click Delete Data.
You’ve successfully reset your data and can now start entering your information again.
You can use the Restore Data option to restore your data because you reset it in error, or need to check a piece of information before you reset again.
Restoring data returns your data to the point immediately prior to the last time you reset it. Any information you entered since then is cleared.
- 1. Go to Settings, then click Data Management, in the CUSTOMISE section.
- 2. Click Restore my Data.
- 3. Enter the email address you use to sign in, then click Restore Data.
You can’t restore data from another Sage service after you upgrade to a new service.
- You can’t restore data that you reset in Accounts into Accounting.
- If you upgrade your payroll from five to ten employees, you can’t restore data from Payroll 5 into Payroll 10.
Although you can’t restore from a previous service, you can still reset your new service and start again. However, you must enter all of your information again.
If you’ve set up Sage Pay integration, after resetting your data, you need to re-enter your Sage pay credentials
- If you issued any invoices with the Pay Now button prior to resetting your data, your customers can still pay you through Sage Pay. However, the payments for these invoices aren’t automatically processed and you need to manually record them once they appear in your Sage Pay account.
- If you have Sage Pay eCommerce account, any eCommerce transactions downloaded prior to resetting your data no longer appear, although these transactions still appear in your Sage Pay account.