Employee list for Revenue
PAYE Modernisation comes into effect from 1 January 2019. To help prepare for this new legislation, the Revenue will request a list of employees that work in your company for their Data Alignment exercise.
Within Sage Business Cloud Payroll, you can generate an employee list file. You can then submit this XML data file to Revenue via their website. Read the Revenue’s guide about employee list submissions >
To generate the employee list file
- 1. Go to Summary. In the PAYE Modernisation section, click Generate Employee List file.
- 2. For each of your employees, check the following information is correct. Edit if required:
|PPS Number||An employee’s personal public service (PPS) number is a unique reference number that is used in all dealings with Public Service Agencies, including Revenue. PPS numbers are allocated by the Department of Social Protection and are essential to register for tax.|
|Date of Birth||If you need to edit this date for an employee, you must open the relevant employee’s record. Then click Edit, make the necessary change then click Save.|
|Start Date||If you need to edit the date that an employee started working with your company on, you must open the relevant employee’s record. Then click Edit, make the necessary change then click Save.|
|Employment ID|| An Employment ID is a unique value for each separate employment for an employee and is a requirement for Revenue’s PAYE Modernisation Project which commences 1 January 2019.
From 2019 onwards, the Employment ID will be used in conjunction with the Employer’s tax registration number and the employee’s PPS number to identify to Revenue if an employee:
* Has multiple roles within your company in the same tax year.
* Had previously left and then rejoined your company in the same tax year.
Sage Business Cloud Payroll has automatically allocated each of your employees with a default Employment ID value of 1. While not recommended, you can change the default Employment ID value for all employees if you want to. You can enter a value using any combination of the following:
* Upper and lower case letters.
* Digits 0 to 9, and the following special characters – \ _
- 3. Click Next.
- 4. Check your company contact details are correct. Edit if required.
- 5. Click Submit.
- 6. Click the Download Employee List file link.
Depending on your Internet browser, the XML file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder or you’re prompted to save the file.
- 7. Follow the on-screen instructions to submit the file to Revenue via their website.
- 8. Within Sage Business Cloud Payroll, go to Summary. In the PAYE Modernisation section, select the Employee List file has been submitted check box.