Extra pay run
If you pay your employees weekly, two weekly or four weekly and your normal process date falls on 31 December, than you have an extra pay run. This is because the number of days in the tax year doesn’t divide into a whole number of tax weeks. Monthly paid employees never have an extra pay run.
- 1. Go to the Settings tab, then click Calendar Settings.
- 2. Click View Pay Calendar.
Extra pay runs appear as follows:
- Weekly payrolls – Week 53.
- Two weekly payrolls – 2-Week 27.
- Four weekly payrolls – 4-Week 14.
If you have an extra pay run, you should process this as normal.