Income & Expense Day Book report
You can use the Income and Expense Day Book report to view the income and expense you record in your bank accounts. The report shows an overview of each transaction including the type, customer or supplier, net and VAT amounts. You can view this for a specific date range for all transactions or for certain transaction types.
You can produce the report for either income or expense and it includes money in, VAT refunds, money out and VAT liability payment transaction types.
To produce the report
- 1. Go to Reports then in the Cash Reports section click Income and Expense Day Book.
- 2. From the Period drop-down list choose one of the following options:
|This Month||To produce the report for the current month, use this option.|
|This Quarter||To produce the report for the current quarter, use this option. For example, if the current month is June, the date range is 01/04/2015 to 30/06/2015.|
|This Year||To produce the report for the current year, use this option.|
|This Financial Year||This option only appears if you enter your Year End Date in Financial settings.
The report dates default to a 12 month period, based on the day and month you entered for your Year End Date.
Note: This produces the report for the current year regardless of the year set in Financial settings.
|Last Month||To produce the report for the previous month, use this option.|
|Last Quarter||To produce the report for the previous quarter, use this option. For example, if the current month is June, the date range is 01/01/2015 to 31/03/2015.|
|Last Year||To produce the report for the previous year, use this option.|
|Last Financial Year||This option only appears if you enter your Year End Date in Financial Settings. The report dates default to a 12 month period for the last financial year, based on the day and month you entered for your Year End Date.
Note: This produces the report for the previous year regardless of the year set in Financial Settings.
|Custom||Enter the report dates you want to run the report From and To.|
- 3. Click More then choose your required options from the drop-down lists for:
- Account – Choose the required bank account.
- Income/Expense – Choose whether you want to run the report for your income or expenses.
To search for a particular transaction, enter the relevant details in the search box. You search by reference, customer or supplier name or value.
- 4. To view details of a transaction, click the relevant line. To return to the report, click back on your browser menu bar.
- 5. To export the report click Export and choose CSV or PDF.
The report automatically downloads and when it’s ready a message appears on your menu bar. The amount of time the report takes to download depends on the amount of data you’re exporting. You can continue to use Accounting Start while the report downloads.
- 6. Once the report has downloaded, from the menu bar, choose the required report.
Depending on how you chose to export your report, one of the following happens:
- CSV – Depending on your internet browser, the file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder or you’re prompted to save the file. Browse to where you want to save the file and click Save.
- PDF – The PDF opens in a new window or tab. Open your browser File menu then choose to print or save the report.