The purchases list
The purchases list is a list of all invoices and credit notes you’ve entered from your suppliers. You can see at a glance which suppliers you’ve entered invoices or credit notes for, the total value, the amount outstanding and the status of the invoice or credit note.
To view the purchases list, click the Purchases tab.
From the purchases list, you can:
- Create a new purchase invoice or credit note
- View details of an existing purchase invoice or credit note – To do this, just click the relevant purchase item.
- Amend or void an existing purchase invoice , credit note or quick entry.
- Record a payment or credit note against a particular invoice.
- Search for specific items – You can search on the company name, the name of the contact, value or the reference. To do this, simply enter the information you want to search for in the Type to search box.
- Filter the list by date – To do this, click Refine > amend the from and to dates.
- Filter the list by payment status – To do this, click Refine > Status > choose the relevant option. You can choose from Outstanding, All, Unpaid, Paid, Part Paid, Void or Draft.
- Use the action toolbar to manage purchase items, including copying an existing invoice or credit note.
- Use the More option to pay, allocate or refund outstanding transactions.
If required, you can view just your invoices, credit notes or quick entries. To do this, click Purchases then choose the relevant option.
If required, you can configure the columns that appear on the purchases list. You can hide columns from the list or include extra columns.
- Click the configure columns button > to include a column, select the check box next to the relevant option, alternatively, to hide a column, clear the check box > Save.
To return to the default columns, click the configure columns button > Reset.
You can also sort the order in which the purchase items appear. To do this, simply click the column you want to sort the list by, for example, you may want to sort it by supplier or status.