The Aged Creditors report
The Aged Creditors report shows you how much you owe your suppliers at any point in time. You can use the report to keep track of:
- How much you owe your suppliers.
- How long you’ve owed your suppliers.
- Which of your suppliers you owe the most money to.
- The credit limit your suppliers are giving you.
When the credit limit is exceeded the credit limit value is highlighted red. If the account balance is between 75% – 100% of the credit limit, the value is highlighted amber to show you’re nearing the credit limit they’ve set.
The report is broken down by ageing periods, which by default is every 30 days. You can change this if necessary.
- 1. Settings tab > Defaults.
- 2. Supplier Defaults > Ageing > enter the number of days you want each ageing period to start from.
When you run the report, it automatically includes from zero up to the number immediately prior the value you enter in the first box. For example, if you want your first ageing period to start at 40 days, enter 40 in the first box. The report shows transactions from 0 to 39, then 40 onwards.
- 3. Click Save.
You’ve now changed the default supplier ageing periods and when you produce the Aged Creditors report, the outstanding values are grouped by the number of days specified.
- 1. Reporting > More > Aged Creditors.
The report shows all suppliers who you owe money to, up to the current date. To view the report for a particular supplier, enter their company name or reference in the Type to search box.
- 2. Enter the date you want to run the report up to.
- 3. From the Sort by drop-down menu, choose Name or Outstanding Amount.
- 4. More > if you use analysis types, for example, departments to run the report for a particular type or category, choose the relevant options.
- 5. To view the supplier’s account, click the relevant line > to return to the report, click back on your browser menu bar.
- 6. To save or print the report > Export > choose one of the following:
- CSV – Depending on your Internet browser, the file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder or you’re prompted to save the file > browse to where you want to save the file > Save.
- PDF – The PDF opens in a new window or tab. Open your browser File menu then choose to print or save the report.
To view details of which transactions make up each of the values on the report, click Detailed. From here you can see the outstanding transactions and view details of each one by clicking the relevant line. You can also export this information to a CSV file or PDF. To return to the Aged Creditors report, click Summary.