The Sales tab
The Sales tab lists of all the invoices and credit notes you’ve entered for your customers. You can see at a glance which customers you’ve entered invoices or credit notes for, the total value, the amount outstanding and the status of the invoice or credit note.
To view the sales list, click the Sales tab.
Sales invoice references are prefixed by SI and credit notes by SCN followed by a number. If required, you can amend the default prefix and next invoice number in Settings tab > Invoices & Quotes. When you use the Save as draft option, this uses a temporary reference and adds -DRAFT to the prefix.
From the sales list, you can:
- Create a new sales invoice or credit note.
- View details of an existing invoice or credit note – To do this, just click the relevant sales item.
- Amend or void an existing invoice, credit note, or quick entry.
- Record a payment, or credit note against a particular invoice.
- Search for specific items – You can search on the company name, the name of the contact, invoice number, value or the reference. To do this, simply enter the information you want to search for in the Type to search box.
- Filter the list by date – To do this, click Refine > amend the from and to dates.
- Filter the list by payment status – To do this click Refine > Status > choose the relevant option. You can choose from All, Outstanding, Unpaid, Paid, Part Paid, Void or Draft.
- Use the action toolbar to manage sales, including copying existing invoices and credit notes.
- Use the More option to pay, allocate or refund outstanding transactions.
If required, you can view just your invoices, credit notes or quick entries. To do this, click Sales then choose the relevant option.
If required, you can configure the columns that appear on the sales list. You can hide columns from the list or include extra columns.
- Click the configure columns button > to include a column, select the check box next to the relevant option, alternatively, to hide a column, clear the check box > Save.
To return to the default columns, click the configure columns button > Reset.
You can also sort the order in which the sales items appear. To do this, simply click the column you want to sort the list by, for example, you may want to sort it by customer or status.