Add, edit or delete services
If you regularly sell the same services, to save time when entering your invoices or credit notes, you can create service item records.
- 1. Go to Products & Services tab, then click New Item.
- 2. Select Service, then complete the following information:
|Item Code||Enter a code for the service.|
|Item Description||Enter a description for the service as you want it to appear on invoices.|
|Category||If applicable, choose the relevant category.|
- 3. Under I Sell This Item, complete the following information:
|Rate (£)||Enter the amount for each active rate. You can then choose which rate to use when you create the invoice.
Note: You can view and edit service rates in Settings > Record & Transactions Settings > Products & Services.
|Rate Frequency||Choose the frequency for each rate, for example hourly, daily or alternatively, choose Fixed Rate.|
|Rate Includes VAT?||If the rate includes VAT, select this check box. When you create an invoice, the net and VAT values calculate from the service VAT rate and charge rate.|
|Sales Account||Choose the default sales nominal ledger account you want to use for the service.|
|VAT Rate||Choose the default VAT rate for the service.|
- 4. If you use analysis types, choose the relevant groups.
If you haven’t set up analysis types in Settings > Analysis Types, this option won’t appear.
- 5. In the Notes box, enter any notes you want to record about the service. This is for reference purposes only.
- 6. Click Save.
Your new service item is now ready to use.
- 1. Go to the Products & Services tab, then click the relevant item.
- 2. Click Edit.
- 3. Amend the details as required, then click Save.
You can’t delete a service item once you’ve used it in an invoice. Instead, to prevent any confusion, we suggest marking the record as inactive.
If a service doesn’t have any invoices associated with it, you can delete it.
- 1. Go to the Products & Services tab.
- 2. Select the check box next to the relevant record.
- 3. Click the delete button, then click Yes.