Restart your Sage One service
In certain circumstances, you may need to start your Sage One service again. You can easily do this using the Reset Data option. This clears the information you’ve entered so you can start again but keeps your user, business and billing information.
You may need to restart your Sage One service if you’ve:
- Created a blank payroll company instead of choosing mid-year setup.
- Processed payroll incorrectly and want to start again.
- Entered dummy information and now want to enter live data.
- Incorrectly processed your accounts using the wrong VAT scheme and now need to re-enter information using the correct VAT scheme.
If you use Sage One Accounting only the owner can reset or restore data. The owner is the person who originally signed up to the Sage One service and has access to all areas of the service.
Before resetting your data, we recommend that you print any reports or make a note of any information you need. For example, customer and supplier details, VAT numbers, or employees details.
If you use the bank feeds feature in Sage One, you must disconnect all bank feeds before resetting your data. If you don’t do this, you may have issues re-connecting them as Sage One might think they are still connected.
- 1. Click the Settings button , then click Edit Subscription.
- 2. Click Manage Your Data.
- 3. To confirm you understand the implications of resetting your data, select the I understand check box.
- 4. Enter the email address you use to sign in to Sage One, then click Reset Data.
You’ve successfully reset your Sage One data and can now start entering your information again.
You can use the Restore Data option to restore your data because you reset it in error, or need to check a piece of information before you reset again.
Restoring data returns your data to the point immediately prior to the last time you reset it. Any information you entered since then is cleared.
- 1. Click the Settings button , then click Edit Subscriptions.
- 2. Click Manage Your Data.
- 3. To confirm you understand the implications of restoring data, select the I understand check box.
- 4. Enter the email address you use to sign in to Sage One, then click Restore Data.
You can’t restore data from another Sage One service after you upgrade to a new service.
- You can’t restore data that you reset in Accounts into Accounting.
- If you upgrade your payroll from five to ten employees, you can’t restore data from Payroll 5 into Payroll 10.
Although you can’t restore from a previous service, you can still reset your new service and start again. However, you must enter all of your information again.
If you’ve set up Sage Pay integration, after resetting your data, you need to re-enter your Sage Pay credentials.
- If you issued any invoices with the Pay Now button prior to resetting your data, your customers can still pay you through Sage Pay. However, the payments for these invoices aren’t automatically processed in Sage One and you need to manually record them once they appear in your Sage Pay account.
- If you have Sage Pay eCommerce account, any eCommerce transactions downloaded to Sage One prior to resetting your data no longer appear in Sage One, although these transactions still appear in your Sage Pay account.