Automatic enrolment phasing - edit pension contribution rates manually
As part of Automatic Enrolment phasing, from 6 April 2019 the total minimum pension contribution rate for your qualifying pension scheme is 8.00% with at least 3.00% coming from the employer.
When to apply the changes
If you haven’t updated the rates by 6 April 2019, the following message may appear when you try to process your employees pay;
‘Auto Enrolment Phasing – The pension rates for this qualifying pension plan do not meet the required minimum for the current tax period.’
How to check or edit an employee’s pension contribution details
- 1. Process the pay run as normal until the Edit Pay stage.
- 2. Click on the relevant employee.
- 3. Click the pension deduction
- 4. Confirm the Employee Standard Contribution and Employer Standard Contribution percentages are correct, changing them if not.
- 5. If the employee wants to make an additional voluntary contribution, click Yes in the Deduct Additional Voluntary Contribution drop-down list, then complete the frequency and type details as required.
- 6. Click Save.