Prepare for automatic enrolment
Every employer now has duties to help their employees in the UK save for retirement. They must automatically enrol certain workers into a pension scheme and make contributions towards it.
It’s never too early to prepare for automatic enrolment and with Payroll, you can start to do this now.
Before your staging date
You can complete all of the steps in Payroll now, or return later by clicking Summary, then click Prepare for automatic enrolment.
- Enter your staging date
- Nominate and inform TPR of your pensions contact
- Assess your employees’ worker categories.
- Set up a qualifying pension scheme.
- Communicate the automatic enrolment changes to employees.
- Exclude employees from automatic enrolment
You’ve reached your staging date
Once you reach your staging date, the following message appears:
“You’ve reached your staging date. Automatic enrolment assessment & related pension contributions will begin in the pay run(s) that includes the staging date. If necessary, you can postpone auto enrolling your eligible employees by up to 3 months.”