Adding a pension scheme to an employee
If you have set up a pension scheme. in Payroll, you can add a pension deduction to an employee when you process their pay by following the below steps;
Each employee can have only one pension scheme deduction, so if there’s an existing pension scheme assigned to them, you must remove this first.
- 1. Click the Pay Runs tab, then click Process Pay Run.
- 2. Continue with the process as normal until the Edit Pay stage, entering all usual payments and deductions.
- 3. Click Add Deduction, then click Add a new Workplace Pension. This option is only available once you’ve created at least one pension scheme.
- 4. Select the pension scheme and group. If you are using NEST pensions you will also be asked for the Payment Source you want to use.
- 5. Click Save and repeat the process for any other employees who should be assigned to a pension scheme.
If you wish to delete the deduction from the employee record, you can click the cross button, next to the deduction entry when you process the employees pay.