Postpone individual employees in your Payroll
You can postpone individual employees when they start to work for you or if they become eligible to be enrolled at a later date. This may occur if they have a temporary pay spike or turn 22 years of age.
To process this in Payroll, follow the below steps;
- 1. Process your pay run as normal until the Edit Pay stage.
- 2. Select the relevant employee.
- 3. Point to Manage Enrolment, then click Postpone.
This option will only be available if the employee has had a salary payment entered.
- 4. Enter the date you want to postpone up to, then click Postpone.
The Edit Pay screen now displays that the employee is eligible and postponed. The date they’re postponed until appears at the top of their employee record.
You should now send the employee a postponement notice. A postponement letter template is available from the The Pensions Regulator (TPR) website.
- 5. Repeat steps 2 to 4 for any other employees you want to postpone.