Set up a Smart Pension scheme
Before you can set up your Smart pension scheme in Payroll, you need the details provided by Smart. To find this information, you should log in to your Smart online account at www.autoenrolment.co.uk and ensure you Smart pension scheme details you’re entering in Payroll match exactly to how they are set up within your Smart online account.
You can then enter this information into your Payroll service;
- 1. Go to Pensions, click Add a new pension.
- 2. Click SMART Pension.
- 3. Enter your Company ID. If you need some help finding out what your Company ID is, please refer to this Smart Pension help article for guidance.
- 4. Click Add Group, and complete the relevant fields:
- 5. Click Add.
- 6. Select the Qualifying Scheme check box.
- 7. To read the terms, click the our terms link. Then to accept them, select the Terms check box.
- 8. Click Save.
You’ve now successfully set up your Smart pension scheme in Payroll. It’s automatically assigned to your eligible employees during the pension assessment.