Create, edit or delete contact records
If you deal with the same customers or suppliers on a regular basis, you can create contact records for them. This saves you time when entering your income and expenses and helps you keep track of who owes you money and who you owe money to.
If your contacts are saved to a comma separated value (CSV) file, you can import your contacts.
If your business is VAT registered, two HMRC contacts are automatically created for paying and reclaiming VAT. You can’t delete these records.
- 1. Go to the Contacts tab, then click either New Customer or New Supplier.
- 2. Enter the following information:
|Business Name||The contact’s company name.|
|Contact Name||The contact’s name.|
|Reference||A reference for the contact.|
|The contact’s email address.|
|Mobile||The contact’s mobile number.|
|Telephone||The contact’s telephone number.|
- 3. On the Contact Details tab, change the country if applicable.
- 4. Enter the contact’s address details and complete the following information:
|Default Category||If the contact is a customer, choose a default sales category or, if it’s a supplier, a default purchase category. The default account is used when you record money in and money out transactions.|
|VAT Number||If the contact is VAT registered, enter their VAT registration number.|
- 5. If you want to record notes for this contact, click the Notes tab and enter relevant details.
- 6. Click Save.
- 1. Go to the Contacts tab, then click the relevant contact.
To quickly find a contact, enter the company name in the Search box.
- 2. Amend the details as required, then click Save.
You cannot delete the HMRC contact record. You also cannot delete a contact record once you have used it to process transactions. To avoid confusion, we suggest amending the contact name to “Do not use.”
If a contact record has no transactions associated with it, select the check box next to the contact then click Delete and Yes.