The Unreconciled Bank Transactions report
You can use the Unreconciled Bank Transactions Report to help you when reconciling your bank account. This report shows all bank transactions which have yet to be reconciled at the date specified. This is particularly useful if, for example, you’re checking a previous reconciliation and a transaction doesn’t appear as it was entered after you reconciled your last statement but with a date in the previous period.
You can view a report of transactions that you’ve previously reconciled from Banking. Click the relevant bank account then click Reconciliations. Click the reconciliation you want to view, then click Print.
These previous reconciliations along with the Unreconciled Bank Transactions Report ran up to the same date, give you a complete picture of all reconciled and unreconciled transactions at any point in time. Something often required by an auditor.
To produce the report
- 1. Click More, then click Reports .
Click Unreconciled Bank Transactions.
The report shows all unreconciled transactions up to the current date. To search for a particular transaction, enter the reference or the value of the transaction in the search box.
- 2. Enter the date you want to run the report up to.
The bank balance and reconciled balances up to your chosen date appear. If these are different then transactions have been entered before the To date which have yet to be reconciled.
- 3. Choose the bank account you want to view the unreconciled transactions for.
- 4. To view details of a transaction, click the relevant line. To return to the report, click Back on your browser menu bar.
- 5. To save or print the report click Export, then choose one of the following:
- CSV – Depending on your Internet browser, the file automatically downloads to your Downloads folder or you’re prompted to save the file. If prompted, browse to where you want to save the file then click Save.
- PDF – The PDF opens in a new window or tab. Open your browser’s File menu then choose to print or save the report.
You’ve successfully produced the report. You should now check the unreconciled transactions against the statement from your bank and, if necessary, reconcile them.